Having a Safe 4th of July
We hope you have a safe and happy Independence Day! Whether you are enjoying a pool party with a BBQ or lighting off some fireworks with friends, there are always risks involved with having a 4th of July party. This blog well help you be safer and more cautious this Holiday.
If BBQ is the plan for the day then a little caution will go a long way.
- When grilling, make sure you are well away from your home and deck railings, and make sure you aren't under any trees or low hanging branches.
- Open your gas grill before lighting.
- Make sure to occasionally remove any buildup of grease or fat so that it will not ignite.
- Avoid any loose articles of clothing that could potentially catch on fire while grilling.
Who doesn't want to light off some fireworks this holiday? I know I do, but making sure that you are safe can potentially prevent accidents from happening.
- Always have adult supervision around the fireworks activities.
- Make sure to never be directly over or in front of the firework as you ignite it.
- If a firework doesn't go off, do not try to go and relight it or pick it up.
- Make sure that you don't light fireworks off near or around the house so you don't light anything on fire.
- Always, Always, Always, keep a bucket of water or a garden hose near by and ready in case of a fire or mishap.
We here at SERVPRO of Flagler County wish you all a fun and safe 4th of July holiday and of course if any accidents happen you can call you local and trusted restoration company for any of your restoration needs!